Below is a list of the current openings with our company:
Immediate Opening – 2017
Tow Truck Operator / Mechanic
We’re looking for a Tow Truck Operator to join our team!
Pullens Truck and Auto Centers specializes in heavy and light truck service and repair. We also have a complete auto repair center for car service and maintenance. We are an Authorized Service Provider for the New York State Thruway and provide 24/7 towing for heavy and light trucks as well as autos. Pullens is also a AAA approved auto repair center. We offer competitive wages, commissions and health benefits, paid vacations & personal time plus a 401k package.
- Responsible for inspecting and reporting mechanical problems with any equipment operated.
- Provide written report for any accidents, complaints or unusual events.
- Be conscientious with dress code (uniforms), language and paperwork.
- Customer service is first per established priorities, policies and law.
- Required to respond within 20 minutes to service request.
- Utilize professional skills and demeanor with customers and public.
- Experienced tow truck preferred, familiar with recovery, equipment maintenance, and/or towing services. We will consider training the appropriate candidate.
- Must have a stable background to indicate an ability to be self-motivated, accept training and mature with the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess valid clean driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs or more.
- Team player involved in contributing to the company’s continued improvement and growth.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Familiarity with County and surrounding areas.
Automotive/Diesel Repair Experience
- Must have own tools
- ASE Certified helpful
- Must have ability to diagnose, trouble shoot and repair vehicles.
- Must have computer knowledge and familiar with the Mitchell On Demand program.
- Able to work on your own.
- Ability to take the initiative if you see something wrong to discusses with manager and repair it.
- Must have excellent customer skills and handle phone calls.
- Must be clean and clean up after them self.
- Must be on time and when needed able to work weekends and/or late.
- Must have good math skills and able to complete paperwork.
- Follow company policies and wear uniform.
- Must take pride in their work and repair vehicles properly the first time. Not willing to take short cuts.
- Must be safety minded at all times with any projects.
- Must test drive vehicles after job has been completed.
- Responsible for keeping shop and equipment clean and well maintained.
- Must be able to pass background checks and compliance: Including - Criminal history check, DMV check, SSN check, DOT Drug Test.
Stop by our Weedsport location to fill out an application.